Do not worry about the past; it is vanity. Concentrate on the last times! (2 Esdras 6:34)
The Ezra Apocalypse, called 2 Esdras in the King James Apocrypha, is a little known book that was accepted by the Anglican church, but rejected by the Roman Catholic church.
The book begins with the LORD informing Israel that He will give his Name to other nations (the Church), because Israel failed to obey Him alone, and to keep His statutes.
“Thus saith the Almighty Lord, Your house is desolate, I will cast you out as the wind doth stubble. And your children shall not be fruitful; for they have despised my commandment, and done the thing that is an evil before me. Your houses will I give to a people that shall come; which not having heard of me yet shall believe me; to whom I have shewed no signs, yet they shall do that I have commanded them. They have seen no prophets, yet they shall call their sins to remembrance, and acknowledge them. I take to witness the grace of the people to come, whose little ones rejoice in gladness: and though they have not seen me with bodily eyes, yet in spirit they believe the thing that I say.”. (2 Esdras 1:33)
The book reaffirms the fact that the rapture will happen on a feast day (Rosh Hashanah), that there will be a resurrection of the dead, and there will be a Millenial reign. The raptured (The Bride) will return to earth for the Millenial reign.
The book also teaches that man has a sin nature, an “evil heart”, and this nature was inherited from Adam. Ezra claims that until the time of the Messiah, the way of the LORD had not been truly revealed to man. Yeshua is The Way.
The LORD then tells Ezra that man cannot even fully comprehend the things he grows up with (weigh the fire, measure the wind, or recall the day that is in the past). How then can he comprehend the way of the Most High?
The world is quickly aging and passing away, because it is full of unrighteousness and infirmities, and cannot bear what has been promised to the righteous in the age to come. Creation has begun to grow old, and no longer has the vigor of youth. Because of this, those born towards the end will be inferior to those who came before (cue the soyboyz).
The Most High is not in a hurry, and our haste to influence Him are in vain. He will not change them until the appointed number of times and seasons has been fulfilled. Yet, the end times approach as a woman in labour, each iteration with increasing intensity, until Sheol can no longer contain the souls that have been put in it.
The LORD’s judgement is like the motion of the sun. Just as there is no slack in its setting, there is also no swiftness to its rising. Creation cannot be faster than the Creator.
The book also tells us that the end times prophecies will be fulfilled between the years 2005 AD and 2045 AD. This coincides with the prophecies of Enoch, which places the endtimes timeline between 1975 AD and 2075 AD.
Signs of the End Times
The times of the Most High begin with powerful signs, and they end with powerful signs. (2 Esdras 9:6)
- Inhabitants of the world will be taken in great number (mass death? Apostasy?)
- The Way Of Truth will be hidden
- Land will be barren of faith
- Iniquity like never before on earth
- Persia (which was the dominant world power at the time) will be laid waste
- After the third trumpet, the sun will shine at night and the moon by day (Wormwood / Apophis?)
- Blood will drip from wood (beheadings?)
- Stone will utter it’s voice (earthquakes?)
- Nations will be troubled
- Air will be changed (pollution?)
- Birds will migrate
- Antichrist will rule
- Dead sea will produce fish and make noise at night, and all will hear it
- Confusion will abound
- Fire will often rain down (nuclear war?)
- Desert beasts will migrate out and attack
- Women will give birth to monsters while still on their menstrual cycle
- Fresh water will become salt water
- Friends will suddenly wage war on friends as enemies
- Wisdom and understanding will diminish. They will be sought but not found.
- Unrighteousness and self-indulgence will multiply
- Men will labour but not prosper (trans men pregnancies?)
- One year old children will speak intelligently
- Pregnant women will give birth at 3-4 months and the babies will live
- Sown fields will suddenly be found unsown (destruction of crops?)
- Full storehouses will suddenly be found empty (famine?)
- Springs and fountains will stand still for three hours
The Day of Deliverance
It shall be that whoever remains after all that I have foretold to you shall be saved and shall see my salvation and the end of my world. And they shall see those who were taken up, who from their birth have not tasted death; and the heart of the earth’s inhabitants shall be changed and converted to a different spirit. For evil shall be blotted out, and deceit shall be quenched; faithfulness shall flourish, and corruption shall be overcome, and the truth, which has been so long without fruit, shall be revealed. (2 Esdras 6:25-28)
The Vision of the Three Headed Eagle
- Three headed eagle, middle head bigger than the other two
- Twelve feathers sticking up on one wing. First two rule for the longest, then the third for a while, but the remaining rule for only a short while
- Eight opposing feathers, of which two disappear with the twelve. Two of the remaining six separate and remain under the head.
- The remaining four setup to rule, but the first suddenly disappears, and the second disappears sooner than the first.
- The two that remained planned to rule, but the heads awaken and eat them up
- The kingdom of the middle head was greater than the kingdom of all the feathers before it, and it frightened and oppressed all who dwelt on the earth
- The middle head suddenly disappears, the right head eats the left
- The Lion aroused from the forest calls the eagle “the fourth beast” and commands it to disappear
- This causes the remaining head, and the remaining two feathers under the head, whose kingdoms were small and full of uproar, to also disappear
- The whole body of the eagle was burnt, and the earth is in great fear
Interpretation of the Vision
- The three headed eagle, the fourth beast, represents the roman empire, also called Mystery Babylon
- The twelve feathers were the twelve rulers of the western roman empire.
- The middle head represents papal Rome
- The left head is Germany (Gomer). Adolf Hitler tried to create a third Roman empire (Reich) in which the “final solution” was to destroy the Jewish race. This led to Israel being established as a separate nation in their ancient homeland after World War II
- The right head is Russia (Togarmah) (Byzantine empire). Russia ate up Germany in AD 1945.
- Ezekiel prophesied that for the Gog-Magog war to occour, East and West Germany will unite (AD 1989), and then unite with Austria (yet to happen). These will then ally with Russia when it attacks Israel.
- The seven year tribulation begins after the rapture, and Russia is destroyed at the beginning of the tribulation. The ten nations of the end times will arise from the power vacuum left from the fall of Russia.
- The peaceful multitude from the time of Josiah the King dwell in a land called Arzareth until the end times.
- This means Israel has now only been repopulated with the remaining two and a half tribes, of which one might be the tribe of Dan
The Second Coming
In the Messiah’s second coming, he will set foot on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. The nations come to battle him there, and He destroys them supernaturally. Afterward, those who make it through the great tribulation come to worship Him there. Those who survive the tribulation do so because
- They believe in God and the Messiah
- They have faith and works
The Sacred books
- Ninety Four books in total
- Of which the 24 books of the Old Testament (combining the last 12 into one book, and Ezra and Nehemiah into one book) are available to everyone
- And the remaining seventy are the sacred books only revealed to the wise ones of Israel
This is a partial list of other books mentioned in the other 24, which could be part of the 70.
- Prophecies of Adam
- Prophecies of Cainan
- Book of Giants
- Pillar of Seth
- Noah’s book on herbal medicine
- Books of the Fathers
- Book of Amram
- Eldad and Medad
- Jannes and Jambres
- Memorial book about the Amalekites
- Book of the Covenant
- Wars of the LORD
- Law of Kings / Laws of the Kings
- Chronicles of the Kings of Israel
- Chronicles of the Kings of Judah
- Kings of Judah and Israel
- Midrash of the Book of the Kings
- Acts of the Kings of Israel
- Genesis Apocryphon
- Annals of Jehu
- Treatise of the Kings
- Acts of Solomon
- The (3000) Proverbs of Solomon
- The (1005) Songs of Solomon
- Solomon’s manual on botany and biology
- Sayings / History of Hozai
- Chronicles of David
- Chronicles of Samuel
- Chronicles of Nathan the Prophet
- History of Nathan the Prophet
- Chronicles of Gad the Seer
- Ordinances of Samuel
- Records of Nathan the Prophet
- Prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite
- Visions of Iddo the Seer
- Genealogical Records by Iddo the Seer
- Chronicles of Shemaiah the Prophet
- Treatise of the Prophet Iddo
- Midrash/Treatise of the Prophet Iddo
- Chronicles of Jehu the Son of Hanani
- Acts of Uzziah
- Vision of Isaiah
- Book of the Laments
- Book of the LORD
- Book of the Chronicles
- 2 Esdras
The Last Days
Do not fear the imaginations of unbelievers, and do not be troubled by those who speak against you. (2 Esdras 15:3)
- All the unfaithful will die
- The four plagues, probably lining up with the four horsemen of the apocalypse - sword, famine, death and destruction
- Egypt will be destroyed
- Seditious men will usurp power from the rightful rulers (chosen by the people?)
- Because of the pride of the usurpers, cities to be troubled, houses will be destroyed, and men will be afraid
- Men will desire to go into a city and not be able to
- Famine and poverty will cause men to steal and plunder from their neighbours without pity
- Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq and Lebanon will war against each other
- Asia Minor, Babylon, Egypt and Syria will not escape God’s judgment
Dragon Nations (Satanic)
- Will come out of Saudi Arabia (Mecca and Medina)
- Attack Syria from the east
- Iran (Carmanians) will join the dragon nations
- Part of Syria will be laid waste
- Islam will fragment and ISIS will form
- East and North storms will attack the south
- War wages with missiles
- Islam will attempt to spread their wrathful religion to all
- The dragon nations attack Babylon (Rome? Roman Catholic church?)
- Babylon is destroyed
- Remnant of Babylon serves Islam
- Turkey puts its hope in Babylon
- Plague ridden, is prideful, kills Jews, and is drunk with the blood of believers
- Turkey crosses the sea to help Babylon and receives plagues
- Turkey is destroyed by the horrible star (Islam)
- Sunni (Turkey, Saudi Arabia), Shi’ite (Iran), and ISIS (self styled) will slaughter Jews, Christians, Buddhists, and Hindus
- They will then fight each other.
- Clouds of armies from the East (Russia and China) will wage a devastating war
What should we, those living in the end times, do?
- We must not hide our sin, for God who created all things, knows our thoughts and inventions.
- We must repent of our sins
- We must leave our sins and not meddle with them forever more
- In the last days, we will be tried as gold in a fire
- We must neither doubt nor be afraid, for God is our guide, and the guide of those who keep his commandments and percepts
- For in yet a little while, iniquity will be taken out of the earth, and righteousness will reign.